A reflexology practitioner uses various techniques to apply specific pressure, stimulating reflex points that energize nerve pathways.
The foot mirrors the body. The body is divided in zones running longitudinally from head to toe. Some of the techniques used to achieve results could include thumb walking, finger walking & pressure point holds. Whatever method is used, you should feel the deep sense of relaxation.
A reflexology treatment should be a pleasurable experience, leaving you relaxed and calm or energized and rejuvenated. Although, sometimes you may have areas that may be tender, reflexology should never be painful. Gentle but firm pressure is preferred.
This allows the nerve pathways and congestion to release. The reflexologist stimulates the nervous system, your body facilitates balance and healing.
Reflexologists don't practice medicine. That is the realm of licensed physicians. Reflexologists never diagnose a disease, treat a specific condition, prescribe or adjust medication. They do not treat specific diseases, although we help eliminate problems caused by these diseases. Reflexology helps bring the body into a state of balance. Tender reflexes or spots on the feet indicate where the body may be congested and out of balance. Reflexology activates the body's own healing ability.
HOW A SESSION WORKS
- It is encouraged that you arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- You shall fill out an initial client intake form to determine important information and needs.
- You shall remain fully clothed, except for shoes and socks. I ask that you wear loose non-binding clothing. Pants should be able to roll to the knee without constricting circulation.
- You shall have your feet bathed and dried prior to your treatment.
- You shall be on your back on a heated massage table.
- As the treatment begins, I shall adjust pressure to suit you. Initial feedback is important.
- You shall be encouraged to take a few deep, cleansing breaths.
- Try to relax to let your body begin to heal.
- During the session you may feel different sensations such as fluttering in your stomach or bowels. You may hear gurgling. This is quite normal. You will become more relaxed during the session. You may even fall asleep. This is normal as your body enters a parasympathetic state.
- Each foot is worked on one at a time.
- Each foot and calf is massaged with organic oil which is then removed with heated towels, one wet and one dry to complete the session.
- I shall give you a bottle of water to take with you. I encourage you to drink additional fluids to help your body flush toxins.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR SESSION
- You may experience a release of pain due to the relaxation of your nerves and muscle tension.
- Deeper sleep.
- Runny nose due to clearing of the sinuses.
- Increased gas, bowel function and urination.
HOW MANY SESSIONS ARE NEEDED?
- This question depends on variables determined by the client.
- As a general rule for stress reduction, most clients book every 2 weeks or monthly depending on their stress level and an ability to effectively deal with that stress.
- If you are using reflexology to help reduce pain from injury, clients can come once or twice a week for 3-4 weeks, then usually return every 3 months for a "tune up".
- Reflexology is extremely beneficial for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
HOW MUCH ARE SESSIONS?
- An average session is 90 minutes and is $50
- A 120 minute session includes 90 minute foot & 30 minute hand and arm session is $60
" TIPPING IS NOT EXPECTED BUT APPRECIATED"
"A SPECIAL TREAT FOR THE FEET"
A great gift for that someone special in your life. Our Gift Certificates are available in several denominations. Please reach out to us at email@example.com or call o: (207) 521-5030 c: 207.694.5667 ~ We shall be very happy to assist you.